This poster contest is open to all Charles County students from kindergarten through 12th grade. Contestants may submit from a public, private, or homeschool, from an organization (4-H, Girl Scouts, etc.), or independently.
Designing a poster and researching the theme can give you a voice in your community on important conservation issues! Posters capture people’s attention and tell important stories in a language that everyone can understand. They inspire, increase awareness, and encourage us to work together to protect our natural resources for present and future generations.
The deadline is June 4, 2021
Theme: Healthy Forests – Healthy Communities
- Poster size must be 14″ x 22″.
- Any media may be used on poster paper to create a flat or two-dimensional effect (paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper, etc.).
- The poster must be an original creation of the contestant and may not be traced from photographs or other artists’ works.
- All posters must be created by an individual student, not a team of students.
- The theme must be on your poster. Do not use any other title.
- Names must be on the back of posters and must have the entry form signed to be eligible for judging.
- Posters should be packaged so they remain flat when sent for judging.
Conservation message, 50%
Visual effectiveness, 30%
Universal appeal, 10%
1st Place in each grade group: Gift card & entry to the Maryland state contest
2nd Place in each grade group: Gift card
State winners will be eligible for NACD National Poster Contest and prizes ($100-200 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd per grade group).