To assist customers, in a timely and fair manner, in the conservation of soil, water and natural resources using available technical, financial and educational programs.
The Charles Soil Conservation District was organized on March 4, 1941, under provisions of the Maryland Soil Conservation Districts Law as a political subdivision of the State. The District provides local landowners and land users with technical assistance to protect and conserve valuable soil and water resources.
District activities are directed by a five-member board of supervisors and coordinated by the State Soil Conservation Committee and the Maryland Department of Agriculture with technical assistance provided by the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). Local, State and Federal resources are combined to support District programs which are available to all without discrimination.